Monday, December 10, 2007

El Rodeo

¡Yum, alimento bueno!

My RA scheduled a floor dinner last night to go out and eat at El Rodeo.

El Rodeo is a local Mexican restaurant that is part of a small chain. It is very traditionally decorated and has a very unique and homily atmosphere. It even had traditional music playing in the back ground.

The food and service were excellent. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa hot and delicious. The menu extensive and not to expensive (the highest price I saw was approximately $12 for a steak or shrimp specialty dish). I would highly recommend it for a nice break from dorm food and high class expensive restaurants. I personally am a big fan of Mexican food, and this local, small chain place delivered high quality service and delicious food.


I had one of their burritos and it was amazing. It was the Pablos Burrito which had chicken, steak and some chorizo as well as grilled onions and some beans and some other veggies in it. It also came with a green tomatillo sauce (which was nicely hot) and spicy white cheese sauce over it with pico de gallo and sour cream and guacamole on the side on top of fresh shredded lettuce. The burrito itself was pretty big and filled me up well (as did all the chips and salsa).

El Rodeo was a great choice by my RA and I will definitely dine there again. I highly recommend it.

No comments: