Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Winter Wonderland Desserts!

Hey, tonight at 5pm at your local dining hall is Winter Wonderland Dessert Buffet Night, or WWDBN for short. I didn't realize that Christmas came twice in December, but here we are at a day of miracles. I honestly plan on drinking coffee/milk and eating dessert/more dessert. I cannot wait.

So, that brings me to general Christmas desserts, if you know what I mean. My mom just called me saying that she was making Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, Pecan Pie, Pinwheel cookies, and then asked me what I wanted made for when I came home. Uh, I thought, just about everything you have in that big recipe book of yours. Man, I seriously cannot wait to go home and eat those cookies my mom makes.

And I know you're wondering what Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are... Imagine a jar of peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar and butter covered in semi-sweet chocolate and then frozen to a hard candy...

Oh wait, don't just imagine that, because that is what it actually is... good I know. In fact it may be one of my favorite foods ever. I know my friends come over just to get a few. My Aunt's mother, whom I've never met, makes a recorded 115 types of Christmas cookies every season.

So I pose the question: what are your family's traditional desserts for Christmas?

No comments: