Friday, November 30, 2007

So I had a pig out day... want to fight about it?

So here I am, making my way through a full week of Thanksgiving detox and I find myself staring down at my stomach wondering why it felt like crap and was almost monotonously repeating "Gimmie pizza, dammit." directly into my subconscious. Yes. My stomach talked to me today. And it was asking for pizza.

See, I've been having one of those weeks where you make yourself eat well. Then I had a pig out day. Just one. And it was epic. I call it my week anniversary of Thanksgiving celebration, and back onto the path of righteousness I go.

It was around 11:00 this morning that my gastronomy spoke and I wasn't scheduled to eat lunch until 1:30. Great Zeus, was I pissed. Then I remembered that I heard that my last lab before lunch only took half the time. Finally, a break. So I got to lab already irritated from low blood sugar or fat withdrawal or something and I was ready to work it out. And work I did. I owned that shiznit and got out of there around 12:00 walking from ENAD to Ford, beating my friend on his bike who was right behind me. Yeah, I beat a kid on a bike walking to ford I was that motivated to get there.

So there I was. Finally inside. "SCREW SALAD!" I cried, grabbing my plate and loading on two slices of supreme and two slices of sausage. "SCREW VEGETABLES!" I exclaimed, loading up the same plate with ranch potato wedges and chicken fingers (which are sent from God as part of the holy trinity of Ranch Potato Wedges, Chicken Fingers, and Dirt Pudding). "SCREW FRUIT!" I yelled as I grabbed a slice of peanut butter Oreos'n'cream pie. "SWEET JESUS I FEEL GOOD!" I yelled having given up on civilized eating and stacked three slices of my pizza to make a pizza-ey thing that I didn't even know I was capable of consuming that fast.

It. Was. Epic.

Yeah. I finished it all, and I really didn't feel like crap. I guess it was all that clean living I'd been doing this past week. Seriously, I ate really well. So here I am, with no regret, having eaten well for lunch AND dinner. Circumstance would have it that I would fall into a plot of my friends to go to a Japanese restaurant, not order anything and end up eating all of my friend's leftovers (a lot!). So tomorrow, it's back on the straight and narrow. Good to go.

How about you?

No comments: