Monday, November 5, 2007

Boiler Treat Pack

This Halloween, is my first holiday at Purdue. At the beginning of the year, parents can sign up to send their kids treat bags on all the holidays. On Wednesday, I checked my mail and I saw a slip saying that I have a package. I went to the front desk and I saw that there was a Boiler Treat Pack waiting for me. It was good to get something from home and to get candy seeing how I couldn't go out on Halloween due to homework.

In my Boiler Treat Pack I got regular potato chips, Doritos chips, Peanut Butter Bites, Animal Crackers, Gold Fish, a brownie, candy, and four cans of pop. There was even a mini Frisbee in there. All of this came in a pumpkin basket and it all looked very good. It isn't exactly good for you, but it's definitely a pick me up after a few long weeks ahead of us. It made me feel good and closer to home. I can't wait to get my next Boiler Treat Pack. I heard that for Christmas we even get a Boiler whistle. I wish that there wasn't just four cans of pop I wish that they would have put water or juice in there.

They need to have treat packs more often. Being away from home is hard and the treat packs put people in a good mood. The finals week one is going to be the best because the school realizes we need a lot of energy to be studying for finals. It will be interesting to see everything we get.

1 comment:

chicken pot guy said...

I got one too! it was a welcome surprise. I actually got a phone message and kinda freaked out because it said to come to the main office immediately. Uh-Oh...but I wasn't in trouble, I had an amazing assortment of treats! Glad you enjoyed yours also.