Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving, turkey, birthday cake? No, Poptarts.

So, I see that everyone else's excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas that are coming up and posting recipes and all that. But hey, someone has to post something random right?


Well, I'm a pledge at this one fraternity and this week is our Initiation Week (aka, Hell Week). All the pledges are forced to stay in the cafeteria of the house and we are only allowed to leave when we have classes or to get food. However we only get 15 mins to get food and that isn't even enough time to get McDonalds or Taco Bell. And there's no way for us to cheat the system because the brothers have our daily schedules and know when we should be back in the cafeteria. We are, however, allowed to order food from fast food restaurants but after ordering couple of my meals I ran out of cash and I didn't want to use my credit card.


Yeah, so the only option for me is to bum off food from my pledge brothers or run over to the On-The-Go at the closest dining court and grab a bunch of poptarts. For the most of the time my pledge brothers are too busy stuffing their own mouths that they can't afford to share their food. So, I've stocked up on tons of poptarts, all same flavor, cherry.


I've been eating cherry flavored poptarts and cold, leftover pizza for the last 2 and a half days. I'm sick of poptarts, and cold pizza. I want something warm like, roasted turkey, soup, and even double cheese burger from McDonalds. I just want some real food! I can't wait till this week's over. Even dorm food sounds really good right now. Man, I don't think I'll ever complain about dorm food anymore.


Well, wish me luck.


-Pizza

3 comments:

Anon said...

Man, I do feel sorry for you not being able to have good food, but I guess that is the price you pay for joining a frat. And I sometimes don't see how people can complain about dorm food, since we all just came from highschool where the food they gave us there was of such a lower grade than they have here. I am not saying this is gourmet food by any means, but sure is better than what we used to have. Anyways, good luck with the fraternity thing and I hope you get to have something better soon. Oh, and have you thought of getting apples from On-The-Go? I know they won't last forever, but they taste much better than a pop-tart and are so much better for you. There is also the Nutragrain bars as well as fruitsnacks and such. But pop-tarts is probably the best bet.More bang for your buck, so to speak.

Curiosity said...

Well, I guess it could be worse. But I must say, couldn't you branch out a little bit. You will get very sick of poptarts and probably already have. Maybe you could have gotten different flavors of poptarts or you know, gotten like real fruit or even real food. But, it's your stomach, do what you want with it.

voiceofreason said...

First of all, these fraternity traditions are stupid. Isn't containing a bunch of people to a confined space without beds a form of hazing? But it's your time and pain I guess, so do what you want. I would think, however, that if your frat buddies were actually your friends, then they would be nice enough to go get you some food, but I completely forgot how much fun it is to watch other people suffer. Go figure.