Sunday, November 11, 2007

I just ate at that one pizza place in the Union. Read about it.

So I was walking back from a Chemistry review, where my friends and I didn't actually get any help, and my friend started talking about how he ate 5 Chipotle burritos at one time. And how he ate three pounds of a five pound burger at a burger place. So I said, why don't we go get on the wall of fame at Pappy's and eat that big-a burger they have? All agreed, and we were on our way. However, seeing how it was only 20 oz and cost 12 dollars, it was dismissed and we were on our way back to that pizza place to order a pizza to share.

We got a Sicilian (extra-thick crust) with sausage, coming out between three of us to about 5 dollars a person. That's a good deal for how big this pizza was. It was thick, good, freshly made, and tasty. Opening the box was incredible, as it exposed the massive pizza to our devouring eyes. Then we actually devoured it.

What isn't obvious from the start is how thick the crust actually is. It's about an inch thick on average. The cheese wasn't too thick, though, and the sauce was well-proportioned. Adding garlic powder and oregano and parmesan made it that much better, of course. The crust is also very good quality, with its texture taking on that of yeast bread. Very good if you ask me.

I highly recommend the food at that one pizza place, as my friend told me he had had another dish there and really enjoyed it. I had only seen how big the slices were and decided to one day eat there. And I did. Today. Go there. Now.

Cheers!

No comments: