Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some delicious chicken!


I knew that I was going to make chicken for dinner tonight, but I was really in the mood for something different. We always seem to get into a rut of making the same chicken dishes over and over again. Boring! I wanted some new flavors with my chicken. So, I started searching the internet. I have found this great recipe website called recipezaar.com. I have talked about it before in some of my other posts, but its a really great recipe site. It allows the users to rate and add comments on people's recipes that they post.

Anyways, so I am perusing the website trying to find something that looked delicious and that I also had the ingredients for. I finally found one, its called Deviled Chicken Thighs. It uses Dijon mustard coated chicken with bread crumbs. You then bake the chicken in the oven until crispy. It was heavenly to say the least. Here is the recipe:

1/4 cup creamy mustard (Dijon or Dijonaisse)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
8 chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
  2. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
  3. In a large bowl, mix mustard and Worcestershire sauce until blended.
  4. In a pie plate or shallow container, combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
  5. Toss chicken thighs in mustard mixture and then coat with crumb mixture.
  6. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes; turn thighs over and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.

I made mine with spicy brown mustard and used my own homemade bread crumbs. Some people have said that when they used the homemade breadcrumbs that it came out soggy. I didn't have this problem with mine. They came crispy and yummy. I also did not turn my chicken over. I did notice that it took mine a little bit longer than 30 minutes to cook, but then again my chicken thighs had the bone in them and might have been a bit bigger than the ones used in the recipe.

Overall though, this was a great recipe. Its kind of like fried chicken only baked and the mustard with the Worcestershire sauce gave it a nice kick. I highly suggest that you try this!! I served mine with Caribbean jerk rice and peas. My family loved it and I bet yours will too!

No comments: