Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today I went to the mall with some friends and we were starving. We passed pretzel stores, Cinnabon, and other food places and the fudge place was even giving out samples. I was meaning to go back to the dinning hall to get something to eat. Time flew by and it was already 7:45. The dinning hall closes at 8 so I knew I wasn't going to make it. We decided to go to Applebees. I ordered the chicken fingers with fries and a baked potato. It took a while for the meal to come but the service was great in general and the food was amazing.

The chicken fingers were tender and the fries were cooked perfectly. The baked potato had a little too much sour cream on it but it was still good. Everyone was happy with their meal and it was a good atmosphere to have a good time. We were going to order dessert but we were way too full. The people were laid back and it was fun just to go out and have a good time. I just wish that there were rolls or bread that they brought out before the meal. Overall I would say that Applebees is a good place to eat without being overly expensive. I paid 15 dollars for everything plus tip. I think that is reasonable, still a little expensive for me considering I don't have a job.

I would recommend this restaurant if you are with friends, family, boyfriend, or even with little kids its a great place to eat and something for everyone on the menu.

1 comment:

iLoVeyOuXoX said...

That's funny! I was just at Lafayette mall last week with my mom, and we went to Applebees! I had the same thing as you did! It was soo good! I used to go to Applebees all the time at home, in Fort Wayne, with my family. My parents are obsessed with iced tea, and I guess Applebees is their favorite place for tea or something. I got sick of it after awhile, and never wanted to go back. However, once you get to college, and all you eat is dorm food, you begin to appreciate all those restaurants. It was definitely a good change. It's nice to switch it up a bit every once in a while down here. It doesn't happen often, that's for sure.