Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sandwiches

Remember that old story, how the Duke of Sandwich was playing cards and a servant brought out sliced meat for snack? With the meat being so greasy, the Duke could not play cards so he ran into the kitchen and sliced bread to make the first sandwich.

Needless to say by the incredibly interesting picture depicting one usage for a CD spindle rack: sandwiches are good, sandwiches are great. Mhmm, sandwiches. Kick ass. They are also incredibly portable, delicious, fresh, and can be made out of bagels. Which is a good thing. Except when you put lettuce or tomatoes directly on bread without a barrier of lipids, the fat from mayo or lunchmeat, and it gets all soggy.

I made a sandwich for dinner today. I used Earhart's vegetable bread, some ranch dressing, tomato slices, ham and turkey. Then I toasted it hardcore. It was amazazing. AMAZAZING I SAY! I'm super serial! It sounds so simple, but simplicity is what sandwiches were born out of. Just take the stuff you love to eat, slice it, and throw it on bread that you've sliced in the previous steps. You can use sliced loaves, rolls cut in half, pita bread, or biscuits. Sourdough, wheat, grain, rye, pumpernickel, or white. You can add anything on a sandwich. Ranch dressing, 1000 Island dressing, mayonaise, garlic mayo, anything. Seriously, anything. Go at it. Add alfalfa sprouts, green peppers, onions, carmelized onions, lettuce, tomatoes, anything. Anything at all.

"Hey, if you want a lot of good stuff, eat just a bunch of good stuff all at once." - Mr. Ramen

Cheers!

1 comment:

chicken pot guy said...

Man ohhhh man. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW FREAKIN' AMAZING SANDWICHES ARE!


too late. So yeah I definitely think the best part of the dining courts is the sandwich making line. I mean any type of fresh meat, cheese, add-ons(super fresh veggies...its basically free unlimited subway); then you toast that sucker....OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD its to die for. I mean heaven in your mouth.

My favorite is probably a fresh roll with turkey and ham and some jack or cheddar cheese. with black olives, green peppers, pickles, banana peppers, onion and some BBQ sauce...toasted of course.

Some day when I have my own house (right now known as the white house) I'm going to make them have a sandwich bar like in the dining halls. only it will be on wheels so it can go where ever I go. No pretzels for me, just sandwiches.

word son, good post.