Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Muchas Gracias Don Pablo's!

On the way back to campus from fall break I had the chance to eat at Don Pablo's. It is a mexican cantina on the main drag of 26 in Lafayette heading towards Purdue. It was excellent! The food was great, the service timely and the atmosphere very friendly.

The inside of the restaurant is designed like your in a small mexican street enjoying some good food from a local diner. It is very conversational and friendly. Our server was very festive and friendly, taking our orders quickly and serving us very well.

I love mexican food and the quality of this establishment was great. I had the San Angelo combo. It consisted of a crispy chicken taco, a pork tamale and a chile cheese relleno. I had mexican rice and refried beans as side dishes (I'm a sucker for refried beans). The food was extremely hot (temperature wise) and definitely fresh out of the oven as our waiter said. It went down well. All tables are given fresh hot chips and salsa to start with. I love fresh warm chips, which they were, but I wish they were salted. A plus though was having my own salsa dish. I am a salsa fanatic and make some at home with my father. We even grow all the ingredients in our garden. Having my own stash of salsa made my afternoon. It was a very good chunky salsa (but not to chunky), and of a medium to light hotness. I prefer hotter salsa, but for the ordinary person it was a good mix.

It definitely is a place I recommend and will enjoy dining at again. Its good food, atmosphere and price give it a nice place for college students to dine with out spending to much. Muchas Gracias Don Pablo's!

1 comment:

deeeelish said...

Mmm, I love their chicken tacos! Yum!!