Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Speghetti Warehouse

Once again, this weekend I went to Toledo to visit my boyfriend. On Friday nights, when I get there, we always go out to eat. His dad happened to be there too, so he took us out to a nice restaurant. It was called the Spaghetti Warehouse. On the outside it looked sort of like a barn and when you walked in it was dark. We got seated right away and we ordered the drinks first. I ordered the strawberry lemonade to drink.

When I got the drink, I couldn't help but to keep drinking it. I was trying to save it because it cost extra for another one, but I just had to have more. When the appetizers came I tried the calamari and the brochette. I liked the calamari better, but both were good. Soon after the appetizers got there, the soups and salad were already there. I had the Italian Wedding soup. I wasn't a big fan because it didn't have many noodles in it, just broth and vegetables. It was okay. I was more excited about my meal, the seafood palermo.

The description from the Spaghetti Warehouse's menu online of the seafood palermo says, that is it tender garlic shrimp and shell-roasted clams in an herbed garlic wine sauce. Served with spaghetti.

When the appetizers came, they had told me that they were out of the seafood palermo. They had said that they were sorry and that they could bring me something else. I was disappointed but I ordered the crab fetichinni instead. Then, the owner of the restaurant came out and told me that he would make the seafood palermo himself and he doesn't know why his team of cooks had said they couldn't. Needless to say, the service was awesome.

When I got my seafood palermo, it was delicious. It was probably especially good because the owner made it, but I loved it. It had clams and shrimp in it and very creamy sauce on it. I can't wait to go back there the next time I'm in Toledo and try something else.

I don't know what the overall price was because I didn't pay, but my meal was reasonable. The total for my meal was $9.45 and my drink was $2.75. The desserts looked amazing but I was too full to try any. If you come out of there hungry than you just didn't eat. They make sure that there is food on the table at all times. I would definitely suggest The Spaghetti Warehouse to anyone and would go back for more.

They have Spaghetti Warehouses in Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas.

No comments: