Thursday, October 4, 2007

Today, October 4, is National Taco Day. I don't know how this came to be, but why not? My favorite form of tacos is taco soup. Its broth is the salsa and then it has everything else a taco would have. I love going to Around the Clock to order the tortilla soup. To make your own tortilla soup try this recipe. On that website, they also have many other recipes to honor National Taco Day.


1-1/2 pounds ground beef

1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes

1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

1 large can chili beans -or kidney beans

1/2 package frozen corn

1 package Taco Seasoning mix

1/2 cup water

shredded cheddar cheese

crushed tortilla chips

Brown and drain ground beef. Add rest of ingredients. Let simmer 15 minutes. To serve, place in bowls and top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.



Taco (or tortilla) soup is even still good when its cold! If you are craving tacos, today is the perfect day. Go out there and celebrate National Taco Day!

1 comment:

Amanda Rose said...

Yummm!! This sound so good! I am crazy about taco's!! I love to eat them so much! I am definitly going to try this! I am not very good at trying new thing but I think its mostly because I dont know what to make. This sounds great and its new so I will for sure be making it sometime soon.