Thursday, October 18, 2007

Personalized Fruit Roll-Ups

As a kid, we always had Fruit Roll-Ups in our lunches. We would compare and try have the newest kind. They had ones that were tattoos, tie-dyed, cartoons, and even some that changed colors. Luckily, now you can make them yourself. The fun loving gang at Fruit Roll-Ups has created a website that lets you customize your Fruit Roll-Up with images and messages. What could be better than that? How come they didn't think of this before?

I haven't tried to order the new Fruit Roll-Ups yet, but I am thinking about the different things I could put on my personalized Fruit Roll-Up. You can write sweet notes to friends or just customize them how you would like. I might make some for my friend and send it to her dorm, how fun is that?

Maybe I’ll just forget the sweet little notes and make holiday Fruit Roll-Ups for Christmas and give them to all my friends. Of course, the note will be the same on all 30 roll-ups (you get 30 in a box) so maybe I wont personalize them, and just put a picture. They give you ideas on the website, and they even show them as birthday invitations. I checked to see how much they were and they are 30$ a box. A dollar a piece isn't too bad, but I think you should be able to pick how many you would want.

I was excited to see this new type of Fruit Roll-Up. I wish I had my own snack that was personalized just for me. It will be a new way that kids can show off and compare them at lunch. These are obviously better than what we had to compare, but they had to think of something cooler than the tattoos on the tongue. Overall this is a good invention that a lot of people are going to have fun with. Now go and personalize your own Fruit Roll-Up.

3 comments:

Survivor said...

Who would have thought you could do that? I have never heard about anything like that. That is a good idea that I am sure alot of people will take advantage of. It is a cute idea for a little gift or parents getting it for their kids.

Purduewaterpolo4 said...

arxI really don't think this will catch on. the personalized m&m's only worked because of businesses and such but what business is going to hand out fruit roll ups with their business logo on it? Also, who really looks at what their fruit roll up says before they eat it anyways?

Gogol said...

Related with what purduewaterpolo4 said, I try to time how fast I can eat one of those things down. There'd have to be some Dali or Kandinsky to get me to look at my Fruit Roll-Up before I eat it.