Sunday, October 21, 2007

Roasted Vegetables... mmmm

I really like roasted vegetables. A lot. I don't know what happens to vegetables as they are spiced, marinated, and cooked with extremely high heat, but it only makes for happiness. I mean, it's so easy, healthy, quick, and good to make vegetables this way that I can only give a general thank you to whoever started this and hope he gets the message. (Considering he has probably been dead for the last few millenia, I doubt it.)

Take your favorite vegetable. Take your favorite spices. Mix them. Take your favorite way of cooking and cook the vegetables that way. That's it and you simply cannot go wrong. Grilled, broiled, steamed, roasted, pan-fried, fired, charbroiled and sauteed vegetables all make the cut when it comes to good eats. You can grill corn on the cob, sautee spinach, or roast carrots. Fried zucchini or eggplant slices is also extremely good and makes for a great side dish.

I'd personally love to hear exactly what you like to do with your vegetables beyond smearing ranch on them raw. My favorites are grilled peppers and onions on bratwurst, sauteed spinach, and roasted green beans and carrots in brown sugar. Mmmm.... but honestly you cannot go wrong. Go out and have fun doing good stuff to good stuff!

Cheers!

No comments: