Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beggin' for Brownies

For this particular blog, I was searching the web for a very sweet treat to make at my friends apartment during our favorite show. We both love baking and sweets so I decided to choose these brownies. Everyone likes dessert! These chocolate brownies are easy to mix up in a saucepan, and they're chewy, moist, and delicious!

Ingredients-

6 tablespoons butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts


-First you heat oven to 325°. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
-In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring constantly.
-Remove from heat and let cool.
-With a whisk, beat in the vanilla and sugar.

-Whisk in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
-Stir flour, measure into a small bowl, and stir in the baking powder and salt, blending well.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the first mixture.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, blending well.
-Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
-Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes.




To top these off, I added powdered sugar to the top. These brownies turn out to be the perfect dessert. They are so moist that I couldn't eat just one. They taste like they would have been grandma's recipe. Its amazing how easy it was. Finding the ingredients isn't hard either. They should be in any house hold closet.

We did find out that they took a while to bake, but it was worth it in the end. By the time the show was over the brownies were done. Anyone who loves chocolate and brownies will appreciate this recipe. P.S. the batter is good too!

1 comment:

Amanda Rose said...

Ok so I just want you to know that I was just scrolling down your site and that picture caught my eye right way! Mostly I think its because its about 12:30 and I am craving a midnight snack right now! And the fact that anything chocolate catches my eye, and stomach! Hehe!! Looks good! probly gonna make em sometime soon!!