Friday, September 21, 2007

I HAVE FOUND IT!



I have found the most glorious, tasty bread!!! Its called Amish Bread and I got the recipe from recipezaar.com. This time around I wanted to make just a plain, white bread that would be easy to do and taste good. This particular recipe had some good reviews and it seemed simple enough, so I tried it. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!!! This bread is so light and delicate tasting and the texture is also very light and airy. Its awesome plain with some butter, but I cant wait to make a sandwich out of it.


The recipe was simple to follow. It said to let it rise for 2 hours the first time around, but I let mine rise for closer to 3 and it was to the top of the bowl by that time. Then you punch the dough down and knead the air out. Next, you divide the dough into two equal parts and put in greased 9x5 pans. You need to let it rise again, for another 2 hours, or until the dough is above the sides of the bread pans. Then bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Although, I baked mine closer to 20 minutes and it was done.


Let me tell you, those Amish really know what they are doing! I highly suggest trying this bread, even if its your first time making bread. Its so easy and very, very delicious! This is my favorite of the breads that I have made so far. Give it a shot!

No comments: