Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dessert First!

I know, most of my blogs have been about dessert. What can I say? I love dessert! From cookies to brownies, to cakes I love them all. They are so good and sweet, but usually hard to perfect. I have always thought that cakes were hard to bake. It makes a big mess, it doesn't always turn out right, and it's hard to frost. As you can see from my picture, my cakes don't always turn out very good.


Yesterday, I was searching the Internet and I found a blog called Cookie Madness on Betty Crocker's Warm Delights. They are miniature bowls of cake mix. You put the cake mix into the bowl, add water, and then add the caramel if you want. After that, you put it in the microwave for 45 seconds! I was a little skeptical myself on the first try, but I loved them. I could even make these cakes in my dorm room.


There are seven different types of warm delights
- hot fudge brownie
-molten chocolate cake
-peanut butter fudge brownie
-fudgy chocolate chip cookie
-cinnamon swirl cake
- lemon swirl cake

Here is the link to the Warm delight website.


Instead of making the usual cake, I decided to "bake", in the microwave, a warm delight. I followed the easy instructions on the back and watched the transformation begin. I was excited when the microwave was done. I could smell the cake; it smelled like it was homemade!


The blog that I had read told me that it tasted really good with a scoop of ice cream on top. I didn't have any ice cream, so I couldn't try it. It sounded good though so I added a picture from the other blog.



Overall, I didn't expect them to be as good as they were. I will have to keep buying these plus the overall cost is only 1.57. It's good and it won't put a hole in your pocket!

No comments: