Sunday, September 16, 2007

Eat or not to eat...

Alright, so, I love food. Or I should say that I love eating! I've always enjoyed trying varieties of food and filling my stomach. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm happy. I eat all the freaking time! It just amazes me that I'm not ridiculously overweight. I love Mickey D's, Burger King, Wendy's, Olive Garden, you just name it! But now that I'm living in a college dorm without my car, food i can eat is so limited. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted when I was back home but now I'm forced to eat the food that's in the dining halls. And what stinks is that I'm getting really sick of all school food. I know it's only been like four or five weeks but, yes, I can't eat this food anymore.

I started eat my meals at the Windsor Dining Hall, which is one of the five dining halls and it's closest to my dorm (If i haven't told you yet, I'm really lazy.). Anyway, I had my meals three times a day there for about a week and the food there got old, fast. Also their food isn't that great! It's probably safe for me to say that their food is just horrible. They had same food everyday pretty much. Cold fries, cold bread sticks, spaghetti with cold sauce, and etc. All the food they had seemed like they've been sitting out for days. From time to time, they would have their special soup and salad, but they weren't that good either, I mean they were edible and filled me up. But I needed something new.

So since Windsor didn't work out well, I decided to check out the other dining halls. I actually didn't know that there was a dining hall 20 feet away from my dorm. I asked my friends if they wanted to go there but we didn't see anyone else going to that dining hall so we decided to go try Hillenbrand. It was quite a walk, but I was up for it. I needed something new. I couldn't eat any more of Windsor's cold fries and cold spaghetti. Hillenbrand is smaller than Windsor and they had smaller menu. Although they had a quesadilla bar where you can make your own quesadilla, I'm too lazy to walk a mile for my meals. But seriously, if you aren't lazy like me and are willing to walk all the way to Hillenbrand, GO FOR IT! I mean, their quesadilla's really great. They make it for you on the spot with all the ingredient you choose. I dunno about you, but I love eating food that's just freshly out of the oven. Hot, crisp, and full of the taste. And when you first bite into the quesdilla, I can guarantee you that you'll instantly fall in love with it. But, like I said, I'm not a fan of walking so I've only been there a couple times. Also, I got tired of eating quesadillas fast.

So this time, me and my friends decided to go to Ford. I mean, I decided to go to Ford and my friends followed me (They are really indecisive.). Anyway, soon as we got to ford, I could tell that their food was quality. The line stretched like 100 feet away from the dining court AND there was another line once we made it into the dining hall. It felt like we were actually waiting in line to get on a roller coaster at Cedar Point. So we managed to make it inside the dining court and started to look around. There were so many different food we can get! Chinese food, pizza, hamburger, WARM french fries, and many more. I thought i would never get sick of the food in this dining hall. I'm not gonna lie. I enjoyed eating at ford for almost two weeks. I mean, it was great! They change their menu a little bit everyday so I would have different food most of the times I was there. However, after a while it became the same routine everyday. Yep. It was time for a new dining hall.


The only dining that was left was Earhart. Earhart also had a pretty long line. This dining hall also has a 'make your own food' bar but the food changes. I really enjoyed this a lot. Although all the other food were the same as the food at the Ford, this make-your-own-food bar was great. The ones I've enjoyed the most were the spaghetti and pizza. I used the shell and the pasta. And I topped it off by covering the top with cheese and when they took it out of the oven. Mm Mmm, scrumptious! Scrumptious, what a great word. You could use scrumptious for anything! It's one of my favorite words. But yeah, I really enjoyed the make-your-own-food bar. You should definitely try it out if you haven't tried it already. But if you have it often you'll get tired of it just like it did for me.

So, just great. I've tried all the food at all the different dining halls. I need new food but I hey, I can't be too picky right? So, I don't really want to eat these food but I sort of have to eat. I don't know what to do! I'm just eating to fill up my stomach these days. I mean, I feel content after I'm full, but Eating itself isn't fun anymore. I need some new food! Help me, what should I do???

-Pizza, Out

No comments: