Sunday, September 9, 2007

"Too" healthy?


So my girlfriend's been always bugging me about how I eat junk food 3 time a days, 7 days a week. So I've decided to go out to dinner with her and allow her to choose the restaurant.

We decided to go to Casablanca, a Mediterranean and Greek restaurant. I sat down and looked at the menu and looked at my girlfriend. She was so happy that she finally got me to eat some "real" food. I looked back at the menu and just closed it and let her choose for me because everything on the menu just looked the same to me. Healthy, healthy, healthy, and healthy. Grape leaf wraps, mashed up eggplants, pita and humus, and many dishes that I've never heard of before. When the waitress came to our table, my girlfriend started to order all these food that didn't sound too good. I put my head on the table and let out a big sigh. By now my girlfriend was just laughing at me. Laughing at me because I'm suffering! Yeah, I know, my girl's the nicest person in the world. Anyway, when the food came out, they didn't look all that bad. But looks can be very, and I mean, very deceiving. I first tried the grape leaf wrap, which tasted like nothing I've experienced before. I can't even describe the taste of this dish, but I can tell you that it was absolutely horrible. What made it worse was how it felt in my mouth. It was this mushy, disgustingness(?), that isn't possible for me to describe with any words in the dictionary.

I thought the grape leaf wraps were bad, but they were just the starters. I tried eggplants with pita bread next. The eggplant looked like it was some kind of ground meat at first so I had no problem of putting it in my mouth and soon after I hated myself for doing it. It did not taste like meat at all! I should have asked what it was before I put it in my mouth!

I went through couple other dishes that left me even more miserable and by the end of this meal, I was practically in tears. I was force fed all these horrible food that gave me a huge headache and upset stomach. The only good thing about eating here was that I was full afterwards and that my girlfriend paid for the meal! I'm afraid to let her pick where she wants to eat ever again!

No comments: