Saturday, September 22, 2007

Don't go for the muffins!


As you all know, I have been experimenting with recipes from the website Hillbilly Housewife. I thought I would try the blueberry muffins since I have just about a cup of frozen blueberries in my freezer and that was the amount I needed for the recipe. Again, the recipe was easy to make, but to tell you the truth, this particular recipe I wasn't that fond of. The muffins turned out okay, but I wasn't completely impressed with them. It almost seemed to me like they we rent sweet enough, or light enough. The texture was kind of dense, which could be from the whole wheat flour. The blueberries were delicious though. The muffins are edible and aren't disgusting tasting, but I guess I just was expecting more. Needless to say I wont be making these again unless I am desperate for some blueberry muffins.

2 comments:

i.see.dead.people said...

I think you should have wrote more on these muffins. It could have been longer. You also could have compared to another blueberry muffin recipe. Maybe give us the recipe so that we can try them for ourselves. Even though the muffins weren't pleasing to you they might be to someone else. Other people might like their muffins light and not to sweet. Also make sure you proof read your work. While I was reading I could point out a few mistakes. This was a good idea to write on though.

huntingfever11 said...

I think it is very cool that you try the recipes you are writing about. It makes me want to try a sample. It is interesting that they didn't taste sweet enough. I wonder what they would be like if you added some sugar. I have had some pretty delicious blueberry muffins so i know it can be done.