Friday, September 14, 2007

delicious sugar cookies



I'm not going to lie. I miss my mom baking cookies and making food for me. Every weekend my mom would make these cookies. I was always the one to have friends over and they would always look forward to them. Sometimes they would be frosted, sometimes sprinkled, and sometimes plain. Other times we would decorate them ourselves. Everyone would always ask whether they were home made or not. No, they are not home made, they really come from a package. They are always soft and so good! When people would walk in my door the first thing they would ask is, "Are there cookies?." Usually the response was yes.







Well I went home this weekend and there was cookies sitting on the counter! I decided to write my blog on these because they are easy to make and obviously very good. They are moist, soft, sweet, and not that bad for you. All you need is Betty crockers' sugar cookie dough, one large egg, and one stick of butter. These ingredients are usually found in the average household pantry. The best place to buy the dough is at Target. Some places don't carry this type of cookie dough.




First you melt the one stick of butter in a large bowl in the microwave for 60 seconds. Then you crack open one large egg into the bowl. Then you add the cookie mix ( 17.5 ounce bag) into the bowl. Stir all together. Believe me you are going to want to eat the dough, so your going to want to buy two bags. Some people debate that the dough is the best part.

Although these are the best cookies I've ever had, there is an allergy watch on the bag. If you are allergic to wheat, milk, soy, or eggs, these cookies are not for you.

You can make them as drop cookies, rolled cookies, bar cookies or however you like your cookies! They are also good as cut out cookies. They make 3 dozen two inch cookies or less if you want bigger ones.





Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Foil two pans and put 12 table spoons full of cookie dough onto the pan. Put them in the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or if you like them darker, then bake them a little longer. When they are done let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.






The best part is icing the cookies! I prefer the fun-fetti icing, it's delicious. You can also buy regular icing and pick out your own sprinkles. To keep them soft, put the plate into a big zip lock bag and seal it. It will keep them fresh for a couple of more days.

Anyone can make these, they are easy, and they only take 20 minutes to make.


No comments: