Thursday, September 6, 2007

Craving Chinese




People's love for food varies. You know your in love with a specific food when you get the gotta have it craving. Today, I was craving Chinese. I walked right down to the dining court and walked straight to the stir-fry. Some people might ask, what is stir-fry? It's usually cooked noodles, with sauce, any type of vegetable you want, and sometimes very bizarre ingredients. There are tons of different ways and ingredients that go into making a stir-fry. So I'll just show you how I made mine today.




My ingredients today were noodles, stir-fry sauce, pea pods, pineapples, broccoli, and mushrooms. Sounds good right? While they were cooking it right in front of me, I couldn't wait until it was done.


For lunch and dinner, the place is crowded. You have to wait to get the stir-fry and their orders are backed up. To save time, I put the ingredients I want into a bowl and they made, it while I went and got my sides. Don't make that a reason not to try it tho! My choices of sides for today were fried rice with shrimp and egg rolls. This probably isn't the best meal if you are trying to go healthy today. It's very high in sodium and too much of that might cause swelling of the feet. On the other hand it does have loads of Vitamin C.




Overall my experience of the stir-fry made me want to come back for more. I love the idea how you get to pick exactly what you want in it. This meal hit the spot. It was hot, delicious, well seasoned, and appetizing. So the next time you are craving something, don't wait! Believe me, it's worth going just to try it.





No comments: