Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sushi is my hearts desire!


OK, I have to admit, I LOVE sushi!!! I am completely and totally obsessed with it. I could eat sushi everyday if I was able to. I mean, its like a whole meal all rolled up into this delicious roll. I have to say though, that my all time, hands down, favorite place to eat sushi is in Chicago in the West Loop. Its called Sushi Wabi. They have the best sushi I have ever tasted. Their miso soup and edamame are also very delicious. Their edamame comes out to you steaming hot with salt sprinkled on the top. It's a great starter, along with their miso soup. I have to say that my favorite maki rolls are the veggie tempura and the godzilla roll. The godzilla roll is so good that I start to crave it. The godzilla roll has several ingredients that make it so delicious. It has tempura shrimp which give it that crunch, cream cheese to make it a little creamy, and spicy sauce to give it a little kick. The veggie tempura roll is made with sweet potato tempura with eel sauce over the top. It is to die for!! Its crunchy and sweet all at the same time. There are a few other rolls that I enjoy and I vary it up each time I go. The other rolls that I would recommend are the dragon roll, fire roll, ebi tempura, and spicy tuna. But feel free to enjoy what looks good to you.




The atmosphere is also something to mention. The tables are close to each other and sometimes on a busy night it does get loud, but its just such a cool looking restaurant and the food is so good that I don't really mind the loudness. I have found if you go when it opens, either for lunch or dinner, there aren't many people in the restaurant yet and so it is quite nice. The waitresses are awesome and the sushi chefs themselves are great!!! I highly recommend sitting at the actually sushi bar. You can watch your food made as well as have some great conversation with the chefs.
So, if you're ever in Chicago I suggest you go and check this place out. I promise you'll be hooked, even if you're a sushi virgin!! I guarantee you'll be coming back for more!

1 comment:

Chloe' said...

I absolutely looooove sushi! It is DEFFINATELY my favorite dish ever! I'm also glad that you reccomended a good place in Chicago, my favorite city to go to, where I can find great sushi! So great job, and thanks!!