Friday, September 28, 2007

On the Go.

If you go to Purdue University West Lafayette, you have probably eaten at the food courts. Sometimes there is just no time for the food court when you have homework classes and many other things to do during the day. When that happens to me, I just walk over to the "to go" section.

You walk in and grab a grocery bag. In the bag you can have one entree and 4 sides or just 5 sides. They have everything labeled weather it is a side or not. They have everything from cookies, to ice cream, to sandwiches, to yogurt. Today I went in there and there was cheesecake! Along with cheese cake, I got 4 other sides such as a Nutrigrain bar, sliced apples, brownie bites, and yogurt. Although those all sound good, I decided to write about the cheesecake.

It is cheesecake in a plastic bowl with no crust. It looked a little weird, but I'll try anything once. When I tried it I was impressed how good it was for how weird it looked. It was real sweet with cherry's on top. If you go to Purdue and looking for a quick dessert, try Earhart's "to go" section of the cafeteria. It will surprise you on how good things can be, even if they are in a plastic container.

4 comments:

Nasus said...

On-the-go really is surprisingly good! It's the perfect carry-along meal that's both filling and delicious. I really like how on-the-go provides one main dish, like a sandwich, and 4 other sides, like chips or cookies. It's just enough to get me through the day and tastes just as good as the food in the dining courts. I have not yet tried the cheesecake, but I'm looking forward to it the next time I swing by!

i.see.dead.people said...

On the go does have good food but I would like to see the more varieties of entree's. I agree that its the best place to stop when your on the go. It also doensnt have alot a fatty foods which is always a plus with me.

Curiosity said...

I haven't had a chance to eat at on-the-go because I don't live on campus and I don't have a meal plan but sometimes I wish I did. I see people bring their sandwiches to class and it makes my tummy grumble.

Though I think I would have been a little disappointed that the cheesecake had no crust. That's the best part!

Lindsey Deno said...

I have never been to on-the-go either but i saw it for the first time today!! A girl brought a sandwich to work...and I was like what is that? I also live off campus so I don't have a mean plan...but I go to the union a lot. They have a little to-go thing, too. And I'm in love with it! Especially the salad bar and their fruit and yogurt parfaits!!! yum!