Thursday, September 6, 2007

mmmm cookies!!

So, while I was sitting here trying to think of more ways to put my homework off a little longer, I got this huge craving for some peanut butter cookies. I mean, what could be better than some warm, fresh out of the oven pb cookies with a big glass of milk? I stumbled upon a recipe for some pb cookies while surfing the Internet, again, trying to avoid the homework. It had 4 ingredients. Let me rephrase that, it had 4 ingredients that I actually had in my pantry. Doesn't it always seem like whenever you get a huge craving for something you end up not having all the ingredients. Then you sit there and actually ponder the thought of going to the grocery store and actually getting the ingredients. Then you realize its like 11:00 at night and who goes to the grocery store at 11:00 at night?? But anyways, back to the cookies. So, here's the recipe for the cookies.

PB cookies

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown


Sounds simple, right? So, at 9pm I start making these delicious cookies. I grab my ingredients and spot the chocolate chips in the back of my pantry. I figure, why not add a little chocolate, so I grab them too. Of course, you can leave them out if you are one of those people that doesn't enjoy chocolate to its fullest potential. But I went ahead and added about 1/2 bag of chocolate chips, about 4oz I guess. I rolled them into balls and then pressed them down with a fork before baking. I actually made a double batch of them and froze the individual balls of dough so that I can make some more at a later time. Ahem, like tomorrow. The cookies were pretty easy and fast to make, if you take out the egg I dropped on the floor and the time it took me to clean it up. Oh, and then there was the spatula I broke while trying to mix this concoction together. I highly recommend using a sturdy utensil while mixing, like a wooden spoon or such. But in the end, they turned out great and I barely ate half the batch in one sitting. These were great cookies to fill that pb craving and were quick to make. I'm even confident that my toast burning brother could master these. So, here's a picture to get your taste buds going!

2 comments:

Amanda Rose said...

YUM!!! Oh man now i just wana go make some of my own cookies!! Those look absoultuly amazing!! If am seriouly going to be looking at your blog when I am needing to fill a craving! :) Oh and just for the record...11:00PM is a great time to go shopping!! There are hardly any people there at all! Its great! But mostly I go then because I never seem to have time during the day to go. Oh well such is life! Thanks for that great recipe!

Nasus said...

Wow, I must say, you have excellent taste in cookies! (peanut butter cookies happen to be my favorite type of cookie) In my opinion they are just about the most delicious desert on Earth, and with your simple recipe, what more could you ask for? I've never tried adding the chocolate chips before, but now that you've described your amazing experience with them, I fully intend to add some next time I bake peanut butter cookies! It is hard to keep down the crazing at this very moment, so I've got to hand it to you, great job the recipe!